Session Highlight - The Art Of The Perfect Pitch
Media coverage, whether it's print, TV, radio or online, can significantly increase the visibility of your organization. Come to Small Business Summit for “The Art of the Perfect Pitch: Media Coverage and How to Secure it,” a panel of esteemed journalists as they give you inside information on how to secure meaningful media coverage. Learn how to foster what it is that makes your business different and newsworthy, all the while avoiding an editor’s dreaded “slush pile,” the sad fate of countless pitches.
Small business is an important aspect of Canadian life and identity, and for that reason, national media has a specific focus on news and stories that affect small business, such as the Globe and Mail’s Report on Small Business and the CBC.ca Small Business section.
Come to Small Business Summit Calgary for this exciting session, and to hear from the decision makers themselves: National media.
Drawing on insight from:
- Sean Stanleigh, Editor, Globe and Mail Report on Small Business
- Erin Lawrence, Senior Producer for television news, CBC Calgary
- Malwina Gudowska, freelance journalist
- How to develop creative brand marketing and explore alternatives to the traditional avenues of brand promotion
- A rundown of unique public relations strategies that expose a brand's differentiator
- Opportunities to generate interest with the media, how do you see a product or service with the right media?
- How to create a well-crafted pitch to pique the interest of journalists
Click here for the full Small Business Summit Calgary Schedule